Saturday, March 29, 2014

You've got to love your job

Some people never figure this out, but it is very important to love what you do as a job.
I am personally glad to be a teacher. Don't get me wrong, everyday isn't perfect. I am not saying that everyday is great. However, I am saying I love my job. I might not make as much as a business person, but I love my job and that is what matters.
When my kids were in school I remember a particular Secretary at one of the schools. She definitely did not love her job. She was always yelling at the students that came into the office. She wasn't very nice to me either and I was a parent. We really need to think about how we are perceived by those parents that stop at the school. What is really interesting is after I graduated from college with my teaching degree I subbed at that same school. As a teacher that same Secretary treated me with all the respect in the world.
Our school in the past have had parents take a survey to gather a perception of our school climate. The results show parents don't know if teachers like their job or not. I say if a teacher loves his or her job it would be obvious and the parents would know.
So I leave you with this question~ do you teach like you love your job?

No comments:

Post a Comment