Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The world of virtual reality


Professional development can be tedious at times but today I absolutely loved it! Virtual reality was the topic and how we can use it for education. I have officially learned how to use them and it won't be long and I will have a borrowed set in my classroom. Sure some things VR are just for fun but making connections is a teachers best quality! 

I explored some museums and historical landmarks. I went sky diving and rode a roller coaster. I even created a three-d world with buildings and people and even animals. The app bubbli can even paint your world into a 360 image to share with your family and friends. I can't wait to make my lesson plan and get started. I have chosen an expedition about the bridges of Great Britain. Currently I am teaching a new stem unit about engineering and building bridges so this expedition will fit into it perfectly. Unfortunately I probably won't get it in the next four weeks while we teach it. I truly enjoyed exploring VR today! 



Reply
Forward


No comments:

Post a Comment