Tuesday, February 11, 2014

How I view standards and assessments.

As I am wrapping up the 2nd trimester assessments, I am reflecting about what these assessments mean to me. It is not about the assessment but rather the results and what you do with the results. When writing my comments on the report cards, it made me realize that I need to step it up for some of these kiddos and teach and reteach until they get the standard mastered. I need to make some "I can...." statements for myself.

So here they are:
1. I can teach every student every standard until they get it.
2. I can ask for help from other teachers to change how to teach it and reach every student.
3. I can use the assessment results to make sure every student is at 2nd grade level before the end of the 3rd trimester.


No comments:

Post a Comment