Saturday, February 22, 2014

Will we have a full week of school next week?

Well another mixed up week goes by and as the late starts, early dismissals, and cancelled school days add up the frustration builds for both teachers and students. Well, we can't control the weather so what are we to do? I have to admit I had to take a deep breath a couple of times this week.

 It just seems like the kids are constantly on vacation (in their minds).

I am hoping for a full week next week. Yesterday I cleaned up my classroom and finally left about an hour after check out time.    I decided not to do any work this weekend and to just enjoy my two days off.

As you can see that didn't work out for me.

First thing Saturday morning I had to take a peek at the reading test that the kids took yesterday to see how they did. Our district is using Journeys by Houghton/Mifflin.  I love it and the kids take their test online so the results are very easy to use. I can make up my own test by whatever I decide to test them on. I am really hoping that our district goes with something like this for new Math curriculum in the next couple of years.


Anyway, I will try to finish up the weekend by NOT working.


Have a good one, and hope for a FULL week.

No comments:

Post a Comment